When are site plans required?
Site plans are required to get a zoning permit for all projects that are not single-family residential. You can drop them by a planner’s office in person or mail them to:
Iredell County Development Services Planning Division
P.O. Box 788
Statesville, NC 28687.

The site plan review process takes about 2 weeks and at the end of the review you will receive and pay for a zoning permit that enables you to submit architectural plans for the building permits.

For more information, contact a Planning Division staff member at 704-878-3118, ext. 2398 or visit the .Planning Division page.

Show All Answers

1. How do I open a home business?
2. How do I get a septic system site evaluation / permit?
3. Do I need permits for a shed or accessory building?
4. How do I set up a mobile home?
5. How do I get a sign permit?
6. How do I split a lot into 2 lots? Or conversely, how do I combine 2 lots into 1 lot?
7. Can I get my property rezoned?
8. How far off my property line does a fence have to be?
9. How do I get zoning approval for a vehicle dealer's license?
10. When are site plans required?
11. Do commercial or non-residential places have to submit site plans to add accessory buildings?
12. What are some common complaints that the Zoning Code Enforcement Officers resolve?
13. What do I need to do to start a commercial project?