- County Departments S-Z
- Veterans Services
EFFECTIVE FEBRUARY 6, 2023: Iredell County Veterans Services Office is experiencing a significant increase in volume associated with the recent passage of the PACT Act-PL 117-168. We are providing all services on an “APPOINTMENT ONLY basis-NO WALK-INS.” We will continue to serve all veterans on a first come-first serve basis for appointment requests. If you reside outside of Iredell County, we can make recommendations for your local County Veterans Service Officer or the associated state managed Veterans Service Center in your county. If you desire to be served from our office and are a resident outside of Iredell County, we will require in-person appointments to be able to provide our services and will be on a first come-first serve basis. ***Please allow up to one week for response to email or phone calls given the increased volume. We will respond to calls and emails in the order in which they are received. We are sorry for any inconvenience that this may cause. For immediate assistance, to include status updates on claims submitted, please contact the WSVARO at 1-800-827-1000. Most claims associated with the PACT Act under Public Law 117-168 will take 9-12 months to reach a decision.
More than 14,000 veterans live in Iredell County. The County Veterans Service Office provides them with a local place to obtain advice on Veterans Administration benefits and assistance with filing and tracking those claims. Our office is here to help them and their spouses, widows and dependents weed through the seemingly unending and confusing maze of laws, regulations and rules governing veterans benefits.
- We provide claim forms and help and advice on filing VA claims.
- We help obtain the military service and medical records and other supporting documents needed to support and defend the claim.
- We search these records for information to substantiate the claim and not only guide the claimant through the claims process but also the appeals process if they are denied.
- We research benefit laws, Codes of Federal Regulations, past decisions of the VA Board of Veterans Appeals, rulings made by the Court of Veterans Appeals, medical text, etc., anything that will help our claimants obtain the greatest benefit to which they are entitled.
We can also help military retirees and dependents get ID cards renewed and lost cards reissued, order lost discharge papers and replacement medals, provide information regarding discharge upgrades, guide veterans to other resources and benefits as needed and much more.
- Benefits for eligible individuals can include:
- Burial Payments and Grave Markers
- Educational Benefits for Veterans From North Carolina
- Government Insurance
- Medical Treatment
- Monthly Payments
- VA Home Loan Guarantees
Eligibility requirements are different for each benefit ad veteran and dependency status must be verified in all situations. A certified copy of the veteran’s DD214, Member 4 copy, is necessary in most cases.
Veterans and their families who have questions concerning benefits or need assistance with the VA in any way are welcome to contact our offices. We will gladly assist you in any way we can.