Upcoming GET FIT IREDELL Event:
Dodgeball Tournament- January 28th 2-4 PM
Please complete registration below by January 25th and email to Richard Griggs (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Did You Know?
- Most health benefits take place with at least 150 minutes a week of moderate-intensity physical activity.
- Some physical activity is better than none.
- The benefits of physical activity are greater than the chance of negative outcomes.
- Physical activity can help with weight loss, especially when eating fewer calories.
- Jumping rope uses almost every muscle in your body.
- Every minute you walk adds 1.5 to 2 minutes to your life.
Health Benefits of Physical Activity
- Improved cardiorespiratory fitness
- Improved muscular fitness
- Prevention of falls
- Reduced depression
- Better cognitive function for older adults
- Lower risk of:
- Early death
- Heart disease
- High blood pressure
- High cholesterol
- Type 2 diabetes
- Certain types of cancers
How Much Physical Activity You Need
||Amount of Physical Activity
|Children 2 to 5 years old
||90 minutes or more each day
|Children 6 to 17 years old
||60 minutes or more each day
|Adults 18 years and older
||2 hours and 30 minutes (150 minutes) of moderate-intensity aerobic activity each week, or 1 hour and 15 minutes (75 minutes) of vigorous-intensity aerobic activity each week, and at least 2 days of muscle-strengthening activities that work all major muscle groups (legs, hips, back, abdomen, chest, shoulders, and arms)